We bring together top, hospital-based joint replacement and the brand-new, state-of-the-art Orthopaedic Institute next door for outpatient care.
If have been considering joint replacement or need other orthopaedic care, please call us at (814) 454-2401 to make an appointment.
We offer the help you need to reduce pain, restore physical function and improve quality of life:
- Range of care: We treat a broad range of conditions, including fractures, sprains and strains, and damage to joints, muscles, nerves, ligaments and tendons. We offer sports medicine to get you back on the field and on-site physical therapy.
- Team approach: Board-certified orthopaedic surgeons and radiologists join experienced nurses and physical and occupational therapists.
- Top treatments: We offer the latest, most innovative techniques. We are the first program in the area offering robotic-assisted Mako™ hip and knee replacement, enabling more accurate alignment and placement of implants. Learn more about robotic-aided precision.
- National recognition: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recently included us on a list of hospitals with the lowest readmission rates after joint replacement. We ranked 14th of 36 hospitals nationally and were the only western Pennsylvania hospital included.
Region's Only: Saint Vincent's Orthopaedic Institute is the only one in the region offering hip preservation surgery. Hip preservation surgery is performed on active young adults and adults, to remove arthritis around the hip, preventing the need for a future hip replacement. Now open at 2315 Myrtle Street, the new 14,000-square-foot Orthopaedic Institute helps us meet the growing needs of the community and provides every needed resource. Joint replacement continues to take place in the hospital, at our Total Joint Center.
In addition to better physical flow for reduced wait times, the new institute provides:
- More exam rooms, X-ray units and casting bays and a larger, updated waiting room
- On-site doctors’ offices
- Curbside valet parking
- Appointment system that allows you to be seen within 24 hours of calling
Call (814) 454-2401 to schedule an appointment or learn more about AHN orthopaedic
services at Saint Vincent.