Having expert, centralized care close to home is so important to patients and their families when they’re feeling at their most vulnerable. The newly opened $25 million AHN Cancer Institute at Saint Vincent Hospital has all the services and highly skilled doctors you need in one beautiful new building. If you’re in Erie and you have cancer, you have us.
The Erie oncologists you know and trust are working with AHN experts to bring you the latest cancer treatments, including:
- Advanced diagnostics imaging.
- Radiation and chemotherapy, personalized for your needs.
- Spacious, comfortable, infusion bays.
- Robotic-assisted and minimally invasive surgery.
- Access to clinical trials through Johns Hopkins Medicine.
We offer a range of cancer-related services here in Erie and are always looking for ways to improve your experience. Our care includes:
- Screenings: Regular exams can find breast cancer, cervical cancer, colorectal cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer and skin cancer before things get out of control. Speak with your primary care doctor about your options.
- Genetic counselors: Specially trained counselors can help if certain cancers or related illnesses appear to run in your family. They can offer genetic testing for multiple genes at once and discuss family planning. We offer the area’s only on-site genetic counseling, supplementing service with telemedicine videoconferences.
- Nurse navigators: Specialized nurses guide you and your family through care. Working directly with the patient’s oncology team, they provide the information you need to feel confident about your treatment choices. We continue to expand this service beyond our breast cancer care.
- Top imaging: We provide accurate screenings and diagnoses through digital 3D mammography (tomosynthesis), Erie’s only 3T magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), a combination of computed tomography (CT) and positron emission tomography (PET). We also have Automated breast ultrasound for women with dense breasts.
- Minimally invasive surgeries: Our surgeons offer both laparoscopic and robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery, which can shorten hospital stays and speed recovery. We are investing in the latest model of the da Vinci® Surgical System robot. We also offer minimally invasive biopsy techniques to remove tumor samples. Saint Vincent Hospital offers the only ultrasound MRI fusion biopsy for the prostate in the region.
- Additional care: Call and ask about other services like specialized physical therapy, palliative medicine and supportive care, and more.
- Life after Cancer: From dietitians, to physical therapists, to psychologists; personalized care plans help you regain a little normalcy after cancer treatment.
Not only can you count on great care close to home at Saint Vincent Hospital, but you’re also a part of the AHN family. See all the great things we’re doing to treat cancer.
You have us from the day of your diagnosis until your remission. Personal nurse navigators coordinate your care, so you can focus on getting well. We can also refer to other support services, including:
Call the AHN Cancer Help Line anytime and talk with our nurse about diagnoses, treatments, and side effects. Our help line nurses can lend a supportive ear, discuss concerns, and connect you with additional resources.
Call (412) NURSE-4-U (412) 687-7348. Free to anyone, anytime.
Call (814) 452-7822 to schedule an appointment or learn more about AHN cancer services at Saint Vincent.
AHN Cancer Institute - Saint Vincent
2508 Myrtle Street
Erie, PA 16502