If you have a lung concern or condition, turn to AHN Saint Vincent, as part of AHN pulmonology. Our pulmonologists, or lung doctors, use innovative treatments to care for a broad range of lung diseases.
- Top marks for patient safety: AHN Saint Vincent Hospital is rated the No. 1 hospital in Erie for Patient Safety in Pulmonary Care. * For us, nothing comes above your safety.
- A robust team of highly skilled specialists: Our doctors are ready for anything and make up the largest pulmonary team in the region. They are all board certified in general internal medicine, pulmonary disease, and have earned special qualifications in critical care medicine. Take a look at the team.
- Coordinated care: Your pulmonary care team aligns with your other doctors, specialists, and respiratory therapists to deliver a personalized treatment plan. We’ll also help coordinate care so that you can focus on getting and staying well.
- Clinical research: AHN Saint Vincent participates in a variety of clinical research projects regarding the lungs, including asthma, COPD, pneumonia, and bronchitis. By doing so, we stay up to date on the latest therapies, medicines, and procedures and can deliver them back to the Erie region.
- Care close to home: You don’t need to travel to get top-rated medical care for your respiratory system. AHN Saint Vincent offers everything you need — from testing to treatment — all under one roof.
Beyond standard pulmonary and respiratory care, AHN Saint Vincent offers the latest innovations and therapies for treating more complex conditions.
- Pulmonary function testing: At our lab, we provide a range of noninvasive tests to see how your lungs are working. These tests measure things like lung volume, capacity, rates of flow, and gas exchange. Using this data, your care team can better diagnosis your lung condition and develop a treatment plan. The lab also provides exercise testing to monitor oxygen consumption and can refer you to our pulmonary rehabilitation program.
- Endobronchial ultrasound: That’s a mouthful, isn’t it? This minimally invasive procedure provides a real-time look at your airways, blood vessels, lungs, and lymph nodes — which is highly effective in diagnosing lung cancer, infections, and other diseases.
- Bronchial thermoplasty: This complex technique is a new, non-drug therapy for treating severe, uncontrollable asthma. A full course of treatment consists of three procedures that destroy some of the muscle tissue that constricts during an asthma attack. Read more on this innovative technique, bronchial thermoplasty.
- Navigational bronchoscopy: Using a special bronchoscope to examine and treat lesions in the lungs, this technique combines electromagnetic navigation with real-time computed tomography (CT) images to create a 3D map of the lungs. This ultimately provides doctors with a more comprehensive look at your lungs.
- Sleep disorders: If you snore loudly or feel tired even after a full night’s rest, you may suffer from sleep apnea — a serious disorder in which your breathing repeatedly stops and starts. Our sleep experts provide diagnosis and treatment plans for apnea and other sleep conditions through both in-lab and home sleep studies.
Our sleep lab is led by two board-certified physicians in sleep medicine and highly certified technicians. It’s also an accredited facility through the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Call (814) 864-4755 to schedule an appointment or learn more about AHN pulmonology services at AHN Saint Vincent.
AHN Saint Vincent Chest Diseases
204 W 26th Street
Erie, PA 16508